Monday, October 27, 2014

31 Days of Simplifying


breadandwineshaunaniequist

I have decided to join a blogging call to write and share on one topic for the next 31 days.  My life is need of simplification.  How bout yours?  Purging and tending to what really matters is the direction I'd like to take with this 31 day challenge.  Some days I will tackle big stuff and on other days I'll offer a quick fix.  The goal here is to elminate stress and frustration and replace it with ease.

Day Seven
Entertaining

I don't entertain all that often.  I usually shy away from it because of the kids, thinking I don't have enough time.  BUT when I do entertain, I am always glad I did.
I recently bought Shauna Niequist's book called Bread & Wine, A Love Letter To Life Around The Table With Recipes.  I especially liked this book because it centers around the table and connecting with others.  Breaking bread, sipping wine, chatting over coffee with a sweet morsel made with TLC, that to me is nourishment on so many levels.  I've had some great conversations over lunch, at my MOPS table nibbling on a breakfast casserole, and savoring Tapas with my husband. There is something comforting that occurs when welcomed to a table with others, vulnerability is lessened, veils can be lifted and real connection can take place.  Sometimes you have to linger at the table a bit to reach meaningful depth but it's worth the magic that happens.  The book is a great reminder that we need not get consumed with impressing, rather focus on gathering, sharing stories and surrounding yourself with who and what you love.

She also provides some great recipes, which I intend to try.  The Breakfast Cookies and Farmer's Market Potato Salad look especially good!

Shauna's book Bread & Wine along with an invitation to share a meal would make a super gift for a girlfriend this holiday season too.

Be well!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment