Monday, October 6, 2014

31 Days of Simplifying

I have decided to join a blogging call to write and share on one topic for the next 31 days.  My life is need of simplification.  How bout yours?  Purging and tending to what really matters is the direction I'd like to take with this 31 day challenge.  Some days I will tackle big stuff and on other days I'll offer a quick fix.  The goal here is to elminate stress and frustration and replace it with ease.

Day Three
TOYS

]As a mom of three we have oodles of toys; managing them has been a sore spot for me.

We have designated toy storage to these areas in our home:  a craft cupboard, toy box, children's closets, family room game cupboard, hall toy storage cabinet and bins in the garage.  You'll also find there are toys outside too.  It's insane, I know!

In order to simplify, I started with the hall toy storage cabinet. You just have to dig in.  I put like with like.  Legos are in bins they came with or I purchased.  I placed some items on their sides so that I could maximum storage.  We had some items that were missing parts, were broken or were unrecognizable so they were scrapped.  Heavy items (like blocks) went on lower shelving.

Items that the kids no longer play with have been set aside for donation or consignment.  While I have a lot of other toy areas to attend to, I am HAPPY with the progress.  As a bonus, the kids played with items they had forgotten about.

A look at my handy work
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment