Thursday, October 9, 2014

31 Days of Simplifying

I have decided to join a blogging call to write and share on one topic for the next 31 days.  My life is need of simplification.  How bout yours?  Purging and tending to what really matters is the direction I'd like to take with this 31 day challenge.  Some days I will tackle big stuff and on other days I'll offer a quick fix.  The goal here is to elminate stress and frustration and replace it with ease.

Day Four
Internet Shopping

The best thing that has happened to me in regard to simplifying my lifestyle is INTERNET SHOPPING.  I am not a big fan of shopping much to begin with.  I value my free time far too much to enjoy searching for a dress or a pair of shoes.  As a growing family of five we are always in need of something.

This year I joined Amazon Prime. Wish I would have done it sooner! Why do I love it?  First,  I am able to compare pricing and brands in just seconds.  No need to fight traffic and haul the kids in and out of the car.  AND the small shipping costs are worth the time and aggravation I am spared.  In the last month I purchased books, sheets and gifts for Isabella's birthday.  Eliminating running a lot of errands gives me opportunities to enjoy my family more... SIMPLE, nuff said!

I also frequently shop Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, Ann Taylor Loft and Nordstrom via the internet too.  I have found size availability and the intenet promos unbeatable.  Nordstrom has free shipping on purchases over $50 and the other sites regularly forgo shipping costs as a lure.  If you know your sizes this is the way to go to simplify your life.

Now, if you need some retail therapy I suggest giving yourself an hour occasionaly to browse and shop discounted stores like Marshalls, Nordstrom  Rack or HomeGoods.  Your wallet will appreciate the savings and you can relieve a little tension.
Keep it simple.
XO
Trading shopping lines for lines at Disneyland with this love-bug

No comments:

Post a Comment