Saturday, September 1, 2012

My First 5K

Pre Race
Today I participated in my first 5K, WOO HOO!  

I had been tossing around the idea of joining in on racing for a cause and today was the perfect introduction. 

I awoke with vigor and a lift in my step. I got ready while the house still slept. The race was held at UCI and benefited CHOC Hospital's oncology department. 

 I was thrilled to be supporting a cause along with my best friend, Rhonda. What a true blessing it was to have her brother, Mark encourage us to get moving and take on new challenges. I am so grateful. 

 Additionally, I wish to give a shout out to Mrs. El-Hinn, (Rhonda's mom) who continues to lead by example.  



Awaiting the GO!
Let's Do This!
We started off together and can you believe we had Ipod trouble?  Once our tunes were playing, we hit a good stride.  The course had a few hills, which were great on the return.  We split up mid race, Rhonda pushing herself to a faster pace. (Must have been one great song!) It was a joy to see her run across the finish.

I so loved hearing the announcer cheering me on my last few strides.  I even blew him a kiss!

Megan, Mark, and Rhonda
We did it!
Megan, Rhonda, and I
Mrs. El- Hinn and CHOC Bear

 While this was my first race, I know it won't be my last!

2 comments: