Monday, December 30, 2013

Cheers to 2014!

Looking back at this past year gave me quite a few take aways.  Overall, a good year.

The trio is well; fortunate to have them healthy, happy and learning.  The older kids love their teachers and schools.  They have found joy in swimming, gymnastics, dance and soccer.

The hubs was promoted and truly enjoys his work. (a gift we don't take for granted)  He continues to be a wonderful dad and devotes any free time to the four of us.

We had two super getaways.  Our Disneyland/Grand California Hotel stay really was magical.  While only 30 minutes from home, we felt like we had traveled far away and were treated to family fun.   A week in the High Sierras was medicine to our souls. The slower pace, fresh air and serene rugged mountains gave us the opportunity to strengthen our family bonds.

Throughout the year, I tended to all things family and snuck in reading when I could.  I observed and reflected.  I've spoken honestly and gave a lot of myself to others.  I GAVE A WHOLE LOT. Hopefully. I have matured a bit too.

With the New Year just a few days away, I've set some goals. The theme to my goals include adding self care to my to do list and making MY dreams happen.  One thing that came very clear this past year is that in order to care for others I must take care of myself.  I've created a pin board with my affirmations, goals, reminders etc...for 2014.  Take a look, perhaps you need this as much as I do. Pinterest Link

I am excited to welcome in a New Year.  There is something energizing and beautiful that comes with new beginnings.  Cheers to 2014!
MM161213_quote_option_4
*image via lorna jane

No comments:

Post a Comment