Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Faith Formation

Last night,  I attended Back-to-Faith Night.  The gathering was set up to inform parents who had enrolled their children in faith formation classes about the upcoming year.  I walked into the church without knowing anyone and settled in for what I thought would be a quick overview of the program and the responsibilities of the parents.  While those topics were covered the emphasis was largely centered around the safety of our children and how to build a home on a faith foundation.

I am not overtly religious, but I am one who has a heart full of faith.  While reading, "A Parent's Prayer" along with the others, I was touched by something bigger than all of us.  The following lines stayed with me long after I had left the building.  Of course, I had to share them with you:

May their ears hear your voice.
May their eyes see your presence in all things.
May their hearts be your dwelling place.
May their hands do works of charity. 
May their feet walk in the way of the Lord.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment