Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Eight Years of Marriage

It has been eight years since I stood on the altar of St. Anthony's Croatian Catholic Church and vowed to take the man before me as my husband.

I knew he was a good man.  A man with values that mirrored my own.  His joy for living life pushed me out of my comfort zone; a gift.  He loved me and I him.  

A few snapshots of our Honeymoon






It wasn't chance but God's plan for us to meet.  I know that to be true because I am reminded of that often in subtle ways.  I hear that whisper in my ear. If you have heard it too, you know what I mean.

I couldn't have chosen a better man as the father of my children.  His face as well as theirs light up when they enter one another's space.  Sometimes I watch them interact and I am overwhelmed by the beauty of it all. 

I am proud of this journey we have been on. 

I look forward to what lies ahead us...and yes, even after eight years of marriage (ten plus years of knowing one another) I still have a crush on him.

Some highlights from the last eight years:




























No comments:

Post a Comment