Saturday, April 14, 2012

All That Glitters

A girlfriend shared an article last week that highlighted with the advent of Pinterest, mom blogs, parenting magazines, and FB posts, there is added pressure to be a creative, well put together mom, with smart well behaved children.  You know, the kind of mom who color coordinates her children's outfits,  serves rocket ship shaped sandwiches at lunch, makes cardboard castle playhouses, has a freshly baked loaf of  bread at dinner, and looks like a J Crew model. This article really spoke to me. I do feel the pressure to be part Mary Poppins and Martha Stewart for my kids with a dash of arm candy for the hubs. BUT, I am here to break the myth, it's is not humanly possible to be and do all. All that glitters isn't always gold. While these social medias are fun and (yes, sometimes) inspirational; it is O.K. to wear your sweats and have a BRAVO rerun afternoon without guilt.  In fact, just a few weeks ago, I was at the end of my rope as parenting was getting the best of me.  I have no shame in sharing that I just let go.  After a phone call for pizza delivery and a sip of wine, life was good again.  That evening I was free of pressure. Dinner was simple. Clean up a breeze. The trio and hubs had full tummies. My mood was lifted. With the stress relieved, I added some fun for the kids too, BROWNIES. Oh yeah, I had one too!



No comments:

Post a Comment