Thursday, June 6, 2013

Unmasking Motherhood

A recent moment of joy!

While motherhood has it joys, not everyday is picture perfect.  Juggling loads of laundry,  tending to errands and trying to offer our children structure and love sometimes leads me to ask am I doing ok. There are moments I just don't feel like I am living up to the expectations society has or the goals I have set for myself.  Sadly, we moms do pass judgement and appraisal of ourselves and each other; it is unavoidable.  Yet, even in my doubt, I know that good must be good enough.  The goal really is to be the best version of "ourselves" isn't it?

Of course, there are moments when the planets align and our mom talents shine like the moms we learned to idolize.  But for the days that don't go according to plan, just know that you get a fresh start once you hear the kids stir in the wee hours of the morning.  In the meantime, join me in taking solace knowing we all have struggles and we get through them.


XO


No comments:

Post a Comment